Monday, October 20, 2008

Trouble all over

I'm not the only one in trouble. The Bushenomic boom is now shattering everybody's lives. One my favorite people in Blogtopia is also in dire straits. They're having a rent party for Mona at Unqualified Offerings. Couldn't come at a worst time for either of us, with the economy tanking and everyone losing money on their investments.

It's getting bad out there folks. My health insurance was just cancelled and there's no way I can afford even a cheap medical disaster only policy. I hear Diane at Cab Drollery just lost her coverage too. I have just enough money to make the rent and pay the bare minimum on my bills this month. I don't know what's going to happen to me next month either. At this rate, a whole bunch of women my age are going to have to form a tent city of our own somewhere.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Libby, I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I don't have anything uplifting to say except for this: Hang in there. Life always seems to work out. Maybe not in the way we'd like it too, but it does work out.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

P.S. I sent you an email so look for it.

5:37:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Kathy. I'll look for it. Best to you as well.

5:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read your post and could not be more empathetic. My husband and I are employed by the SAME company, which has been unable to make payroll for the last three weeks. We are 58 and 59 years old. Before we knew we were going to run up against this wall, we had already put the deposit on a slightly more expensive apartment, because our present neighborhood has become dangerous. Like you, we have a tiny amount of $ to sustain us and since the company has also been unable to make the premium payment on our health insurance, we are now without that, as well.
Good luck to you. Let me know if you set up that tent city...we may be joining you.

4:51:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

So sorry to hear you're in the down and out club Shane. Hang in there and please do keep in touch.

10:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home