Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Palin: The Couric interviews

I watched the latest installment last night. I'll give Palin points for improved diction. She apparently saves her white trash twang for the rallies with the base and now speaks in well formed words. The interview was chock full of chucklers but this was my favorite exchange.
"Couric: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?

Palin: I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media.

Couric: What, specifically?

Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years.

Couric: Can you name a few?

Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, "Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?" Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America."
As I said over at Newshoggers, I'm betting the only thing she could think of was People magazine and maybe that issue of Vogue that did the photo spread on her.

In somewhat related news, Marc Ambinder is reporting new polls showing Palin is now a drag on the ticket with 51% believing she really isn't ready for this gig. Add that to McCain's own erratic flailing lately and one has to wonder why the ticket is polling any higher than Bush's own historic low of 26%.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"any of them that have been in front of me all these years."

Which is her way of saying "only the National Enquirer" without having to actually say it.

3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL. I was thinking National Enquirer as well.

4:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home