Thursday, October 30, 2008

Linkfest - The waiting is the hardest part edition

Song in my head. I'm not a big Petty fan, but the song fits my mood. Five more days of nailbiting...

I spent the better part of the day at the unemployment office and left without resolving anything or filing an actual claim for a number of reasons. I hate when things get so complicated. Anyway, I have a bunch of links that I won't get around to blogging about but are certainly worth reading, so here's a little linkfest.

Hart is looking for Michael Goldfarb and while on the search dissects the wingnut blogburst smear machine down to the molecular level. Fascinating reading but I guess he wasn't looking for Goldfarb in the right place, because here he is. He probably went into seclusion after that interview. Update: Hart found Goldfarb too.

Dan also dissects the wingnut blogswarm but with an different angle and has lots more interesting bytes on the week in tyranny. Dan also wonders why do we need a president at all? Good question.

What we need is a better Congress that will finally abolish personhood for corporations. Thom Hartmann explains why that would be a really good idea.

In other news, all my favorite guys have apparently regrouped at the Swash Zone. Too much bloggy goodness over there so just start at the top of the link and keep scrolling.

Pausing for a moment to focus on my state senate race, Liddy Dole, desperately flailing around for some muck that will slow down Kay Hagan's steamroll of her campaign, sank to a new low in smear politics accusing her of being an atheist. Hagan is Sunday School teacher and a committed Christian. Hagan strikes back with the perfect response.

Speaking of local politics this is interesting from New Hampshire, "[T]he first time nationally that a delegate or alternate delegate to the 2008 Republican National Convention has publicly announced their decision to support Sen. Obama." Rats. Ship. Deserting.

Meanwhile, I can't believe how emotional I've become over this election. Stories like this one about the 109 year old black woman voting for Obama make me all teary-eyed. Via Watertiger who also has the ultimate picture of the day.

If you need some cheering up, this human obama logo in Anchorage made me smile.

Echidne's support thread for all those who suffer from election stress is so soothing, I just want to curl up inside that post and not come out until Wednesday morning.

And finally, the baby turtle cheered me up immensely, so here's one more.

Need something furry? How about a kitten? Heck, how about a lot of kittens and a couple of dogs? Oh, and some parrots for Fogg. Hope that helps.

Only five more days...

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger danps said...

Thanks for the links Libby! And forget about the nail biting - try to approach the elcection (and your job situation) with an alternate attitude.

5:16:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

ARRRRHH

Thanks

9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Dan. That helped.

LOL Fogg. You liked the parrots?

10:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home