Wednesday, September 17, 2008

McCain 'understands' the economy

At least so he claims, but his role in the governance of the economy -- not so much. Appearing on CNBC, McCain had this to say. "I understand the economy. I was chairman of the Commerce Committee that oversights every part of our economy."



Small problem with that statement. The Commerce Committee has nothing to do with banking. That's the purview of the Senate Banking Committee. So either he doesn't know what his committee actually does or he forgot which committee he sits on.

I've seen a lot of speculation lately that McCain may be suffering from pre-senile dementia. I have to say I agree that he seems to exhibiting some of the symptoms. I think the stress is getting to him and there's still weeks to go. It's only going to get more taxing.

I'm beginning to wonder whether he's going to have a breakdown before November.


[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home