Sunday, September 14, 2008

Anti-Palin protest bigger than Welcome Home rally

Proving once again that you can't trust the elite media, Mudflats reports from on the ground in Anchorage.
I attended the Welcome Home rally for Sarah Palin this morning. Hooo. It was an experience. About a thousand (maybe) hard-core Palin supporters showed up to hear her speak at the new Dena’ina Convention Center in downtown Anchorage.
Then he went to the anti-Palin rally.



Never, have I seen anything like it in my 17 and a half years living in Anchorage. The organizers had someone walk the rally with a counter, and they clicked off well over 1400 people (not including the 90 counter-demonstrators). This was the biggest political rally ever, in the history of the state. I was absolutely stunned. The second most amazing thing is how many people honked and gave the thumbs up as they drove by. And even those that didn’t honk looked wide-eyed and awe-struck at the huge crowd that was growing by the minute. This just doesn’t happen here.
Local newspaper ADN confirms the numbers and has more. Meanwhile, here's Mudflats report from the welcome rally. As he says, the capacity of the room is 5000. MSM is reporting the crowd at 2000+. You tell me.


Many more pictures at both posts. One suspects if they conducted a popularity survey today, Palin would no longer be polling in the 80 percentile. And I wonder if Bruce Springstein knows Palin is using his songs? I doubt he would be pleased.

[cross-posted to The Reaction]


[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

Blogger JammieWearingFool said...

Lame. Considering she has an 86% approval rating, I guess this assemblage of human debris makes up a good chunk of the 14% that doesn't approve.

4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh Jammie. Just when I thought you didn't love me anymore -- here you are. I for one would love to see a new survey. I suspect the voters of AK learned as much as we did about the real Sarah in the last two weeks. How old you think your figures are?

4:50:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Before the RNC convention, SP's approval rating, once a lofty 80+%, had fallen to less than 60% due in part to "troopergate" but also to her shrill and abrasive style of governance.

Once that folksy frontier mentality of hers wears off, voters will feel quite uncomfortable with her being a heartbeat away from the Presidency. Furthermore, McCain's early signs of dementia (i.e., short-term memory loss) are beginning to show.

6:20:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I actually tried to find some recent polling and there isn't anything since the lying become so apparent SC. Not that I could find anyway.

But I do think the tide is already turning. Check out my last post at Newshoggers for some cheering links. Obama just broke into a double digit lead in Iowa for one thing.

And the sheer numbers of Dems makes all the polling suspect to me. I don't think it's as close as "weighted" polls say it is.

It's still a long way to November.

6:45:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Agreed. I just upped my contribution to the Obama campaign to the legal max. And I intend to drive folks to the polls on election day. No margin for error when the stakes are so high.

8:00:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think that's the right strategy SC.

8:48:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Funny you should mention dementia - I've had experience with dementia sufferers from the early stages to the last and I think I'm seeing the signs too.

10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I've been thinking for a long time he was going pre-senile.

11:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home