Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No lie too disgusting

by Capt. Fogg

My in-box is something like a Roach Motel lately. The filthy insects check in, but I don't forward them out. Even so, something this disgusting has to be shared because it's all the proof one needs to demonstrate the unworthiness of the United States of America, or at least of half its citizens.

Here's the latest: it begins with a picture of our latest Nimitz class aircraft carrier, the Ronald Reagan. The ship was approved by congress in 1995 and if memory serves, William J. Clinton was President at the time and we were in the middle of an unprecedented economic boom.

Next we have a picture of some kind of barge with a F-14 sitting on it. We're told it's the USS Clinton, based in Canada, basically unarmed and on a mission of appeasement toward any "enemy." The point of course is that Republican Reagan is a tough guy and Clinton is a milquetoast afraid to defend our country. If the reality don't fit, you've got to sling shit.

The last picture is of a rusty scow packed with third world looking people. We're told it's the USS Barak Obama "sailing in from Cuba." The point? The point is that Obama isn't an American in the first place.

Do we write this off to mass schizophrenia, to delusional bigotry, to massive ignorance or to the maliciousness of the criminal minds that create propaganda for John McCain's America-hating party? Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. That they are not deported, imprisoned or shut off behind a guarded steel barrier is proof that this country wants to die of the cancer eating away at its heart and mind.

Of course one can remind the sender, as I did, that Reagan was the appeaser, not Clinton; that Republicans were outraged when Clinton advocated military engagement, when he put together a coalition backed by the UN, when he fired missiles at Osama bin Laden. One could also remind the sender that since he previously told me that Obama was a Muslim he was unlikely to be based in or cooperating with the government of Cuba. I may or may not be excused for having reminded him that I'm quite capable of putting a three round grouping into his forehead before he hits the ground, stone cold dead.

We need a revolution in this country; not so much a revolution against the military-industrial junta that took it over in a bloodles coup, but against the stinking, stupid psychopaths, the bigots, the morons looking for something to make them feel smart, the hate mongers, the subhuman dregs of the genetic barrel: the Republicans. Bloggers are powerless, the media don't care and truth means less than nothing. However we accomplish it, we need to flush the national toilet and we need to do it before the festering septic shitslingers put another of their brothers in scales into the presidency. So many enemies - so little time.

Cross posted from Human Voices

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

12 Comments:

Blogger Swampcracker said...

I have days like this. Yesterday was one of them ... railing against the chimp-grunting, chimp-screaming Ignorati who hang on every word and nuance and parse the latest political events to death.

Tonight my cat, Leonardo, had stolen my favorite chair as usual, and it suddenly struck me how immune the fur ball is to the concerns of human monkeys. Paw draped over an eye, he just laid there ... cuter than hell ... and I didn't have the heart to shoo him off the chair, so I just let him lay there .. fur ball, paw, and all, and forgot what I was galled about.

Maybe this is a good thing ... having a chair-klepto-cat around to recall the mind.

11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Alas, I have no cat. I think I'll go visit my floating fortress of solitude instead. . .

11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Alas I have no cat or a floating fortress. I've left to here looking for a life preserver so I don't drown in the disgust.

11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Don't get me wrong, folks, I share your disgust. I'm just trying to hang on to a thin thread of sanity ... or what's left of it. My cat is my chief political advisor and mental health counselor, and I turn to him in moments like this.

11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think that's understood SC. At times like these I wish I had one myself.

11:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that an active, even violent revolution is needed. The problem is, the only mass of people available to revolt are the very morons that need to be eliminated. If the ignorant were a minority, if the droolingly stupid were just a tiny faction, there would be no problem. But I truly believe, and I think there is strong evidence to support, that the vast majority of Americans have become zombie like idiots.

I don't think theres any hope. As long as the press and TV can show the crap they do, it won't change because the American people believe everything they see and everything they read and everything they hear. Good, goddamn luck changing that.

6:46:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Here is part of the problem - this article, Fun with bias polling posted by Echidne. She takes on Lou Dobbs of CNN for engaging in demagoguery.

8:24:00 PM  
Blogger QueersOnTheRise said...

I have to say, as a Jewish, gay man, albeit quite liberal (and while I understand your deep frustration), your suggestions of genocide are a little creepy. Had I lived in Nazi Germany in the 1930's and 40's, I would have been a two-fer for Hitler. And what do you do about those poor swing voters, my aged grandmothher included, who voted for Bush in 2000, but then Kerry in 2004? She LOVES Hillary and is threatening now to vote for McCain. She's 88 and I love her dearly and I "argue" with her as gently as possible. Maybe she'll live to be 100, but her years are numbered. Should she really be killed if she votes for McCain? We have to win based on our ideas - not hate. Please, take it from a gay Jew!!!!

8:55:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

QOTR, I think we can arrange amnesty for your dear mother. However, the others will be shown no mercy.

9:37:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

BTW, biz hundert un tsvantsik

9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I don't believe in violent revolutions for the most part - just for the record. The success rate is pretty poor, but I understand the desire all too well.

I do however believe that our pretend democracy will disastrously disassemble itself and that a few people will come out of it very rich and powerful.

10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I do however believe that our pretend democracy will disastrously disassemble itself and that a few people will come out of it very rich and powerful."

Well said Fogg. I like the term 'pretend democracy' because it is right on. It's as if everyone is clinging to a fantasy that we are still the beacon of hope, liberty, and freedom, and that any body can grow up to be president.

It's bull, of course. Democracy has never been our real agenda and is unachievable in the US even if the vast majority of the people wanted it, which they don't because they don't have a clue what that even means. More importantly, the rich don't want democracy and that's really all that matters.

5:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home