Sunday, July 13, 2008

Media Bytes - Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood edition

By Libby

Song in my head. I really loved this band. I can't think of one song I didn't like. I had a hard time deciding which clip to use but this seems to fit the theme, such as it is today.

Mostly light links since it's a sultry July afternoon here in the south. But for those who want some heavy reading, Hart takes an amusing look at the wingnut search for signs of Obama's birth and this guy Red Poet, who is on a listserv I subscribe to, posts a long rant on Obama, pointing out that he didn't move to the center, he's always been there. I'm trying to get off the Obama bashing but it's a good roundup for historical reference.

Speaking of historical reference, this is probably the best interview of Bush ever conducted, done by an Irish reporter in 04.

Wolf Blizter does a review of the Bush lies leading to war.

More history put together by the DNC, The McCainpedia. Bound to come in handy as the campaigns heat up.

Speaking of McCain, he hates bloggers and he hates hope too.

Looking back on the last eight years, I have to agree with Hecate, I wish I had done that too.

But in case you can still think of a reason, the DNC is running a Why are you a Democrat contest. And on the off chance any GOPers read this blog, you can find a Republican version of the contest at the link as well.

If you like contests, you can vote for the best public bathroom at this link. I didn't really have a favorite. They all looked nice to me. Better than many I've encountered on the road.

And not exactly a contest, but if you're curious about who's hot in Blogtopia, xrank lists bloggers by web searches and the Alist has a roll of mini-celebs of the blogs.

On a different note, I hope this link still works. A tour of a giant exhibit of artificial waterfalls in NYC. Loved them.

And here's some fun viral videos. Mark Catone sent me this one. You make me feel like dancing. Very inspirational.

This one was funny. An Indian music video translated. Pretty sexy stuff for India. I thought they frowned on that sort of thing.

And this one made me laugh out loud. Little help from my friends - annotated.

Finally, a lot of eye candy today. Boston Globe online has a great new photo blog. Some haunting shots, not all of them are pleasant.

These manta rays are amazing. It reminded of the time a giant ray swam between my legs in Belize. That was quite an experience I'll tell you.

And to end on a positive note, pictures from the sky and an amazing northern lights gallery. I never tire of seeing these shots. Someday I have to visit my brother in Alaska and see it in person.

[As always, the best stuff comes from Avedon.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger QueersOnTheRise said...

Here's what one Democrat said about us bloggers - I'm more than a little annoyed!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07142008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/net_roots_ninnies_119811.htm

1:01:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Ah Q, they all hate us for keeping an eye on them.

4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home