Sunday, July 27, 2008

Media matters

By Libby

I meant to get here sooner this morning, but I got involved in a debate at DetNews with my idiot co-blogger JD. I rarely bother because there's no challenge to it. It's like shooting ducks in a barrel but it happened to fit into my plan to focus on media malfeasance over there today. Anyway, on to the links.

There's a lot of reasons I love Molly Ivors, but one of the biggest is her unique ability to eloquently deconstruct MoDo, so I don't have to read that insipid waste of prime NYT bandwidth.

And Avedon is especially hot this morning. Everything she linked to is worth reading but I especially agree with this comment.
I'm not gonna feel confident about winning the election unless Obama is at least 20 points ahead of McCain by election day. Because I'm sure that the combined efforts of Republicans to prevent Americans from making their will known will be enough to wipe out a substantial lead, and we'll need an even bigger lead to thwart their plans.
Electoral fraud is going to rob us again if he doesn't get that big plurality but the good news is, I've been seeing more of the big A-listers taking on the issue lately. It's going to take all of us to make enough noise to bring this debate into the traditional media.

Oh, I almost forgot. If you're looking for something visual and succinct, Watertiger never disappoints with her array of photos and her mad captioning skills. I can't decide whether I like this or this one the best.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger danps said...

Hi Libby. I had an extended exchange on Protein Wisdom over this yesterday. Have a look if interested. (I had to cut out for several hours a couple of times so there are some gaps.)

9:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home