Sunday, May 18, 2008

Memory Lane: Easy Rider

It's Sunday night and as usual, I'm surfing through YouTube looking for some nice music to end the week. Besides, it's only 8:30 am where Libby and Fogg are so I have to wait for them to drag their lazy butts out of bed and post something. Anyway, I ran across this and just couldn't resist.

I'm certainly no movie expert although I do watch my share of films. I just know what I like and what I don't. It's been amost 40 years since Easy Rider was released. I still enjoy the movie and its great soundtrack. Like Woodstock, Vietnam, Kent State, The Black Panthers, Mario Savio, The Beatles, and so many other people and events, I think Easy Rider helped define those times.

It was nominated for 10 awards including two Oscars and it won a few. It opens with the great Steppenwolf song, Born to be Wild. Here's a video I found with a few of the other great songs from this memorable movie.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Who you calling lazy? I'm just waiting for the coffee to kick in.

11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home