Saturday, April 19, 2008

Last word on the debate debacle

By Libby

Barry Crimmins and I became instant friends from the moment we met. It's hard not to adore someone who once refused to shake Henry Kissinger's hand, because he's a war criminal. He has the funniest analysis on the Democratic debate I've seen so far. Clinton supporters may not see the humor but everyone can appreciate his acerbic wit. He doesn't discriminate in his scorn for the system. In fact, just start at the top and keep scrolling for his biting satire on just about everything political.

And speaking of the debate, in case you didn't get a chance to tell ABC how great their debate moderation was, I hear they're making it a little more difficult to get through on the main line, but Tim F. has a whole slew of alternate avenues of communication where you can politely express your gratitude for their impeccable journalism.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Avedon said...

I've always liked Barry Crimmins, too, and that piece had a few good lines, but mostly I found it just more of the same old Republican/Obama talking points: Evil Hitlery Clinton Thinks She Is God!

Phooey.

Look, both candidates suck. They're miles and miles better than McCain, but they still are a couple of ambitious, opportunistic assholes who are fucking it up for everyone.

7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That's why I gave it the caveat. It certainly wasn't all funny but there were some priceless lines. I especially liked the line about the SCOTUS drug policy.

I certainly agree that both candidates suck and have said so many times but there does come a point where you have to decide which one sucks less. That moment is coming for me soon. I have a primary coming up.

8:44:00 PM  
Blogger QueersOnTheRise said...

Yeah, neither is progressive enough. We need a single world government and a department of peace.

5:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home