Sunday, March 30, 2008

A personal milestone

By Libby

It seems hard to believe I started my first blog five years ago. It took a while to find my voice and my focus but I ended up adding a new blog every year during this same week, so I'm celebrating four years at Detroit News in a couple of days, I think we just passed the three year mark here, but I didn't do much with this one for a few months so I don't usually celebrate it and I'll hit one year with the Newshoggers in a few more days. The Reaction I think I hit a few weeks ago for one year so that's the one that broke the pattern and serves as the two year old blog anniversary.

I don't think I'll add any more blogs to my roster but incredibly, I still enjoy blogging after all this time and all these blogs. I didn't get rich. I didn't get famous. But on my better days I feel like I'm having at least a small effect on the public narrative. That's all I ever wanted, was to do my part to change the world a little bit for the better. Some may dispute it was for the better, but I think in those terms, I've succeeded.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, Libby. And ditto. Feel the same way

6:24:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Brian.

8:39:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I don't think you can argue an idiot into being smart, but maybe there are a few others we can influence and a few who have given up we can bring back.

Tomorrow will likely be my thousandth post on Human Voices - on an appropriate day, fool that I am, but if there are enough fools who still care about foolish things like truth, justice and democracy perhaps we do make a difference.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of this foolishness.

11:19:00 AM  
Blogger repsac3 said...

Good job!! Here's wishing you 5 more years, at the very least (though I can't say as I'd recommend 5+ more blogs.)

And hey... Fame & fortune may be just around the corner (& if not, you always have the love & respect of your readers... 8>)

2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

But Libby, you are famous. Congrats on 5 years, and many more to come.

4:50:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

1000 posts is a lot Fogg, but I probably passed 10,000 between all the blogs. Of course I have no life outside of blogging.

Thanks Rep for the encouragement and SC, I don't think I'm famous yet, but I'm certainly more well known than I used to be.

7:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home