Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Put up your Dukes

By Libby

For those of you who are recovering from last night's festivities and want something more lighthearted for the holiday, Talking Points Memo issued their first annual Golden Duke Awards. Congratulations to the well-deserving winners.

Bonus links via Avedon:

Ten signs your country might be turning fascist. It's more amusing than it sounds.

I would have assumed this was a parody but after seeing awards for transsexuals in TV series and watching a dominatrix spank some willing volunteers on a regular cable station, I'm not so sure this isn't a real commercial. If it is real, I'm beginning to understand why the fundies are so upset about pop culture. Subtle, it's not. But I have to admit that I thought it was funny.

And for something really soothing and beautiful, pictures of Thailand.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re the commercial, it's perfectly in keeping, tone-wise, with every other commercial I've seen for that product...

4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Amazing Syd. I don't watch much TV so I missed when sexual innuendo became so blantant.

4:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home