Sunday, September 02, 2007

Hey George

By Libby

You've nearly destroyed America, you have destroyed two foreign countries and you've created a tinderkeg with a very short fuse in the Middle East. You've become the best recruiting tool a terrorist every had. So what are you going to do next?
Quoth the president: Well ya'll, I'm going to fill the ol' coffers by making some speeches and hang out with my boys at my new fantastic Freedom Institute.

That's a paraphrase of a longer quote and frankly I couldn't bring myself to read the whole NYT piece this morning. I don't think my blood pressure is up to it. The quotes have been infuriating enough.

Steve Benen is braver than me though and has more on the interview with Bush where he expounds on his imaginary legacy. And if you still haven't had enough, Steve M has some relevant thoughts and a few additional presidential bon mots.

Me, I'm wishing I had the makings of a Bloody Mary around the house. Somehow that feels like the right beverage to imbibe while contemplating the ravings of a madman.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home