Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Down and dirty in the Senate

By Libby

It's been a hell of a week for me and it's only Wednesday. I haven't had the time to really grasp the details as I would like but whatever is going on, Harry, I take back all the bad stuff I've been saying about you. Way to fight.
What this means is this: Reid is basically saying he won't allow any votes on any other Iraq amendments -- not the toothless Warner-Lugar amendment, not the Ken Salazar amendment that would force adoption of the Baker-Hamilton plan, nothing -- until the GOP agrees to allow straight up or down votes.
I have to admit I'm still a little pissed that the Dems doing pull these same tricks the GOP is pulling now to keep us out of this mess, but I'm really happy to see that at least they're figuring out how to fight back against the bullies as the majority party.

I haven't had the chance to look at this yet either, but I'm sure these video highlights are going to be enlightening.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home