Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Too Bored To Sleep

I am really, really, bored. A long day's work, a little dinner, a little light reading and then, nothing. Nothing on TV, nothing interesting on the internet.

I thought to myself; self, go blog about something important, but nothing turns me on. My writing stinks and I am sick to death of Iraq and George W. Bush. And then, there it is and there it is again.

Judge Larry Seidlin is retiring. Who's he, you ask? He's the moron judge that cried and generally acted like a fool during that whole idiotic trial after Anna Nicole Smith's death. He sat up there on the bench and talked and talked about nothing and then he would start crying.

The 57-year-old Bronx native wept on the bench during his oversight of the disposition of Smith's remains.
CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin referred to him as "Judge Judy's wacky little brother."
Some observers speculated he was using his platform as a dais from which to try out for a job on television.

My wife called me down to watch this idiot during the trial and if anybody ever needed a Prozac it was this guy. For some reason this news cheered me up. I just imagine myself being in court and having this guy as my judge. At least that nightmare is over.

Now, speaking of Judge Judy, she's on Larry King tonight and a film clip at CNN.com has Judge Judy explaining why it was necessary to send Paris Hilton to jail. Basically, the very fabric of our society would be torn asunder if Paris did not go to jail. Sorry, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.

What it comes down to is a person who is not quite a judge talking about the legality of jailing a celebrity who is not quite a person. A caricature spoofing a character sentencing a celebrity actress who portrays a real person acting in a reality show, as it were.

Well, anyway, I'm still so bored.

Jim Martin

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you're bored, go look at what is going on with the Hmong in Laos and Thailand.These are former US allies that were abandoned by the US and are now fighting to avoid genocide by living like animals in the jungle. For background you can see my last post, then go read up. the story is incredible and should be exposed here.

7:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jim Martin said...

Thanks, Brian
I will.

8:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home