Monday, June 25, 2007

Love makes a marriage

By Libby

Marking the first time San Francisco's 30 year old Gay Pride event has ever been favored by the presence of a major presidential candidate or spouse, Elizabeth Edwards was warmly received by the group. Unsurprising when she made such common sense remarks as these.
"I don't know why somebody else's marriage has anything to do with me,'' she said. "I'm completely comfortable with gay marriage.''

...She said that she has come to the conclusion that the marriage of another couple "makes no difference to me,'' just as it would make no difference in her views of a neighbor if he painted his house a different color.

"If he's pleasant to me on the street, if his children don't throw things in my yard, then I'm happy,'' she said. "It seems to me we're making issues of things that honestly... don't matter.''
I'm more impressed with her all the time. As Creature points out, it kind of makes you wish that she was running for president. It would be nice to have a politician willing to take a straightforward stand without checking the polling first.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home