Monday, April 09, 2007

Where Do You Plug This Sucker In?

There is a pretty interesting article in the Detroit News about Ford Motors CEO Alan Mulally showing off Ford's new hydrogen/electric plug in car to Bush on the White House lawn.

An electrical cord had been set up for Bush to plug in to the vehicle when it almost went bad. Someone had left the plug near the rear of the vehicle where the hydrogen tank was located. Mulally saw the potential for disaster:


"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"

I suppose if the situation had become a tragedy then within a few days the CIA would have firm intel that the hydrogen tank and power cord had been manufactured in Iran.

Jim M
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home