Friday, January 26, 2007

The Decider Speaks

This is one for the archives. Bush tells America, I'm the decision-maker. "I’ve picked the plan that I think is most likely to succeed," he said.

Considering he's been picking the plans he decided were most likely to succeed right along, forgive me if I'm not comforted by that assurance. And he goes on.
“I know there is skepticism and pessimism and that some are condemning a plan before it’s even had a chance to work,” the president said. “They have an obligation and a serious responsibility therefore to put up their own plan as to what would work.”
Well which is it Mr. President? You're either the Great Decider or you're waiting for the Democratic Party to come up with a plan to save your arrogant butt. You can't have it both ways. And if you listen closely, I believe the Democrats and a fair number of Republicans have outlined a plan. To put it in simple words, admit you made a colossal mistake and redeploy the troops out of Baghdad instead of sending more in now, when it's too late to make a difference.

Think Progress has the video of the complete quote.
One of the things I found in Congress is that most people recognize that failure would be a disaster for the United States, and — I’m the decision-maker. I had to come up with a way forward that precluded disaster.
Preclude disaster? As opposed to the bed of roses we're enjoying there now? It's so sad to watch, I almost feel sorry for the man. He looks like nothing so much as a little boy lost who's wondering if he's too big now to start crying for his mommy.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at first I thought it said " and I'm the plan picker"

4:30:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Lester. Nose picker is more like it.

5:17:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heh.

I suspect that the good ship "Preclude Disaster" has long since sailed.

The only fortunate thing is that the Bush administration well and truly is in its own "last throes."

5:20:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

One can hope MW but I haven't counted out his declaring martial law to prevent another election.

5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home