Friday, December 01, 2006

Take a Memeorandum

Memeorandum is the kind of boon to bloggers that is so good, you're tempted to keep it a secret. But if you're not checking it every morning before you start posting, you're missing out a great tool to gauge what's hot in Blogtopia.

It's kind of a slow news day for a Friday, I suppose because not much gets done in the holiday season, but here's a few stories I pulled off the Memeo that were worth reading, but that I don't really feel like doing full posts about.

Am I the only one that notices the louder the basher on illegal immigration, the more likely it is the person employs illegals themselves. The latest to be exposed is 08 hopeful Mitt Romney who gets caught hiring illegals for lawn work at his private residence.

Dan Froomkin emerges at a Harvard based blog and calls for "calling bullshit" to save journalism from obscurity.

I found Newt Gingrich's call to suspend the First Amendment so revolting and mind-blowingly insane that I can't justify it with a post myself but Olbermann does a pretty good job of knocking down the slithery little lizard.

The Democrats should tread very carefully in committee appointments. The people are watching and more Bush-esque "fox in charge of the henhouse" seatings will not win votes in 08. I mean does it make a bit of sense to put the clearly corrupt Mollahan in charge of overseeing the FBI's budget while they are in the process of actively investigating him? I can't believe his constiuents reelected him myself. But West Virigina re-elects Byrd every year too, so there's no accounting for their logic. The rest of the country however, is unlikely to be so cavalier.

And Mort Kondrake is another White House steno that triggers my gag reflex too strongly to link to but thankfully Josh Marshall puts the smackdown on Kondrake's latest Blame Americans First for the president's fuck-ups campaign.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home