Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Net Neutrality still on the table

I just got off an internet blogger's conference with Save the Internet, Free Press (who hail from my old digs in lovely downtown Noho) and Bill Moyers of PBS.

Since I'm not equipped for voice conferencing, I was stuck in the text chat, which as regular readers know, I'm not very good at -- my typing skills crack under that kind of pressure. So I'm going to take a break and enjoy the lovely afternoon but I'll be back with more details later after I've had time to review the thread, which I understand is about 35 pages long.

The conference was convened to strategize and to introduce Bill Moyers latest documentary video, The Net @ Risk which will be airing next Wednesday. You can see an advance clip here. It looks to be a promising vehicle to promote net neutrality awareness among the non-tech public. I'm glad to see some organizing going on around this before the telcos just steal the internets right out from under us.

Check it out. I'll be back later tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home