Monday, September 11, 2006

Olberman on 9/11 - Dear Mr. President


Keith Olbermann rocks it out again with his 9/11 editorial, This Hole in the Ground. That's the transcript or you can watch the video. Personally, I found the transcript better. I find his in person delivery a little stiff but it's a brilliant piece of work. My favorite quote.
Just as the terrorists have succeeded -- are still succeeding -- as long as there is no memorial and no construction here at Ground Zero.

So, too, have they succeeded, and are still succeeding as long as this government uses 9/11 as a wedge to pit Americans against Americans.
Olbermann hits the White House hard in this piece. Perhaps he was inspired by the postive reaction to his takedown of Rummy. Let's thank him again so he keeps it up.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what more can we do? at least half of america has washed their hands of these idiots and yet it goes on. There is a movie out where they assasinate bush. and no one cares, including me. even the conservative talk show hosts kind of phone it in with their "outrage". they know. there are a least a hundred really good books about how bad Bush is. I think getting better cnadidates is the challenge of the new century. the old way just isn't gonna cut it. we need to like draft people.

5:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That of course is the problem Lester. Getting good candidates. Nobody in their right mind would want to put themselves through it in this day and age. There are few with the courage and stamina to take it so you mostly get the thieves and the liars who want to run.

On a side note, I was pretty disturbed about the Bush assassination movie. I didn't post much about it, although I THINK I did a post at DetNews about it, I may have. In any event I didn't want to give the movie any more attention. I thought tasteless and opportunistic and does nothing to solve the problems of how to keep this administration in check for the next two years.

5:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree. I have a cat who chews on a Bush cat toy. it's cathartic. maybe he shold think about why people want to make these kind of movies about him

5:43:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Lester. Maybe it works for the cat but as you may have noticed, I'm a non-violent person. I don't wish death on anybody.

6:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home