Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Beltway bytes

Via Raw Story, Brad Blog, posts on an encouraging development.
Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT) introduced emergency legislation to amend the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) this afternoon to offer funding to states and counties who make 'contingency paper ballots' available to voters to be used at the voter's option instead of electronic voting systems.
I have a post on it at Detroit News, but read Brad's post. It's very heartening.

And in other encouraging news, the Democrats are finally showing some cajones. They released a letter stating, "...until Congress passes legislation that meets the real needs of the American people, House Democrats will actively resist adjournment." I guess their spin doctors told them it was okay to start fighting back now. Hope they keep it up.

Meanwhile, on a lighter note, Kathy at Stone Soup picks up a revealing Andy Rooney column. It appears the president has 433 assistants. My personal favorite is the "Director of Lessons Learned." He appears to be doing such a heckva bad job that I feel certain an medal of freedom is in his future. Because you know a $106,000 salary simply isn't reward enough for that kind of professional incompetency.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks for the DetNews links. I owe you!

FYI: I tried to recommend you to Blogads, but I'm just a small fish in a large pond and they won't let me recommend other sites. I'd need something close to 1,000 hits a day and that ain't even close to happening! Michigan Liberal recommended me.

Anyway, two suggestions if you're interested: You could check and see if you have there's a Democratic No. Carolina blog you can join. If it's large enough, they may invite you to join blogads. Or, you could always post a request for someone to refer you! Just a thought.

6:37:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

The pleasure is always mine Kathy. I loved that piece. Thanks for the refer to blogads. I didn't even consider trying because we're low traffic here and I've heard you don't really make any money on it.

Besides my other blog was rejected by them way in the beginning when they were offering it to everyone. They didn't the content over there. Still it's worth at thought. Thanks.

8:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Libby, Blogads lets you set how much you charge for advertising with a minimum of $10. Obviously, the more traffic you get the more an advertiser would be willing to pay. The ad on my blog isn't paying much - $20 for one month, minus commission to Blogads, so I end up with less than $14, but it's better than nothing. I'm not sure if I'll ever see that money though since they mention something about only paying out when you reach $75. I have to go back and reread that section!

Anyway, I'm only mentioning it because I know you must generate a lot of traffic from all the posting you do. If you could get a chain of several paying advertisements, I bet others would follow. I also think a blog with lots of advertising looks successful. Image is everything as they say.

Anyway, I'm just trying to help a friend that I think does a terrific job blogging.

6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks for the info. I don't really generate that much traffic here. Outside of the occassional link from NYT or a bigger blog, the Imp is low traffic place. I guess the downside of blogging to the highest common denominator. And I so often neglect this one when I'm working that the traffic drops and I have to build it up all over again.

I have to wonder if I would ever get to 75 bucks myself. I'll look into though. Someday.

8:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home