Monday, June 19, 2006

Quote of the day

He's in New Hampshire. He's making a political speech. He’s sitting in his air-conditioned office on his big, fat backside-saying stay the course. That’s not a plan! We've got to change direction. You can't sit there in the air-conditioned office and tell troops carrying seventy pounds on their backs, inside these armored vessels-hit with IED's every day-seeing their friends blown up-their buddies blown up-and he says stay the course? Easy to say that from Washington, DC.

John Murtha responding to Karl Rove's remarks on Iraq.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Too bad their aren't more people like Murtha willing to stand up to Republican bullies. The one thing I absolutely loathe about the Republican party is the tone they're setting in this country. Whatever happened to decency and respect?

How are we supposed to raise children to respect people when this kind of stuff goes on? I have Republican friends who are upset about all this too. They're mortified that the party continues to promote people like Coulter and Limbaugh as their mouthpieces. One friend said he can't believe they even want the GOP's name associated with trash like that.

People are starting to catch on. There are no values amongst the value party currently in power.

3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Aghhhh! Sorry for the typo. I should always proofread!

I should also wait before I hit the publish button. I meant to tell you I'm going to be a grandma for the first time! My daughter and her husband are expecting their first child in February. We have a step-grandchild from my husband's step-daughter, but this is my first one.

Anyway, I'm all excited and wanted to tell you the news.

3:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

john murtha is the guardian angel of the american military

5:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decency and respect are Dem values Kathy. Can't be sullying up the White House with those outmoded things.... Meanwhile, great big congrats on the grandbaby and a big hug for all. You're going to be a great grammy, I just know it.

And Amen Lester. If it wasn't for Murtha we wouldn't see anything in the media on behalf of the troops on the ground.

5:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home