Sunday, June 18, 2006

Bits and pieces

In today's must read on the corporotacracy, Eric Lipton takes us for a spin through the revolving doors of the government/lobbyist complex exposing the sham of Homeland Security for what it is -- one more pork barrel for the crony capitalists. Fully two thirds of the top brass have already rotated over into private industry. I posted High on the hog turnover at DHSabout this at the DetNews so you can read my take there.

I have a couple of other posts there I'm not going to rewrite for this blog, so check out my take on the empty resolution the House passed that so disrespects the troops. And I have some thoughts on how Zarqawi's death has already backfired. So much for these documents that will decimate the insurgents. He wasn't as big as the Bushites said he was but nonetheless, his death only fired up his supporters, who are still significant in numbers. It only took them a week to reorganize and take apart the "new" Baghdad security plan.

And last but not least, I suppose it's inevitable that Scooter Libby will be eventually be pardoned but I'm surprised to see the talk surfacing so soon. Chuck Schumer doesn't think he'll go through with it.
"I think it would be very wrong to pardon Scooter Libby, and I doubt the president would do it. It would cause him real damage."
Maybe so, but not as much damage as the testimony in the trial would, especially if they have to put Cheney on the stand.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone has to be convicted before they're pardoned don't they?

5:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Afraid not Lester. He can be pardoned before the conviction. Kind of reverse Alice in Wonderland.

6:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home