Saturday, May 27, 2006

Spoke too soon --- again

Just great. I no sooner published this suck-up post to the new owner of the Detroit News, than I find out he probably canned my on-line editor in one of his consolidation moves. She didn't say and I didn't ask, but I have a feeling that's why she's leaving.

It's too late to take back the post and I won't address this over there but I'm horribly disappointed to lose Nancy. I think she did a great job with the on-line edition, moving DetNews ahead of the curve in the tranistion of the dead tree media into the cyberworld. I only hope they offered her a better position within the company.

Meanwhile, I haven't posted because I've been catching up on some badly needed sleep but I have a few new posts you may have missed at the DetNews blog. I've been "waxing eloquent" on tax breaks for the rich that ride on the back of poor college students, a look at cheesy logic and state's secrets, another reason to throw the bums out and a small tribute to Lloyd Bentsen who got cheated of fame in the political arena but left a lasting legacy with the phrase, "You are no Jack Kennedy."
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home