Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Congressmen say the darndest things

I'm whipped and I have to get up in the dark tomorrow morning so just a quick comment on my favorite story of the day, that being the Republican outrage over a Democrat's Congressional office being raided. I find it hilarious that Hastert is demanding return of Jefferson's documents because it infringes on on a Congressman's right not to be accountable to any other branch of government.

Surely he's not unaware that his own impending indictment for bribery in the Abramoff scandal is public knowledge. As a satire, this would be side-splittingly funny.

Not that any legal reaching by the executive branch into new territory doesn't concern me, and this seems to do that, but I understand Jefferson ignored a subpeona. The trouble right now is all three branches of government have come to think themselves as inviolable. Accountability has to start somewhere and the Congress is as good a place as any to start.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home