Thursday, May 11, 2006

Extreme datamining paves the way to full out fascism

The Blogtopia buzz of the day will be USA Today's piece on the true extent of the NSA dataming program. It's as we've been saying right along, they're not targeting terrorists only, they're compiling a database that includes every resident of this country -- well except for the customers of Qwest, who has thus far refused to be browbeaten into complying with any requests not authorized by the courts.

I posted my reaction at DetNews so I won't repeat it. I might note in passing however that I predict they will be mainly be using this data to circumvent the Fourth Amendment and other existing safeguards against warrantless surveillance in order to prosecute the war on some drugs. That's the standard MO. Violate the druggies' rights now in order to set a precedent for violating everyone's rights tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home