Sunday, June 19, 2005

Downing Street gone viral?

An uplifting post at the Democratic Underground on a personal encounter in the deep South. Here's the highlights.
I went to go hit a bucket of golf balls today. (Beautiful day, 85 and sunny). The place I go to is inhabited by crusty old men who scratch a lot and talk shit all day long.

...Today I'm walking in to get my bucket and I hear one dude telling another in his heavy southern drawl "did you see the thing on C-SPAN with this COnyers feller?" That's all I needed. I spent the next 45 minutes telling them about the petition, the work that's been going on for weeks, and so on. They had a lot of questions and I was able to fill in some gaps in their information.

...When I started to walk away and start hitting golf balls... ...Here it comes.....The guy I originally started talking to says "I think there's gonna be an impeachment".!!! EVERYONE ELSE WAS NODDING THEIR HEADS IN AGREEMENT.
These old guys sure ain't no lib'ruls either. Don't you love a story with a happy ending?

[hat tip to Tim Meehan]
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home