Thursday, June 16, 2005

Down on Downing Street

I was tied up this afternoon and arrived home to find my co-blogger at the Detroit News, George Bullard, had joined the ranks of the dismissers. You know, I love George, even though he's almost always wrong, but this time he went over the top and I had to answer the challenge. I won't repeat it all here but these, I think were my best shots.
If it's not a big deal, then Bush should simply produce his minutes of the meetings and we'll all know how he came to his "graven in stone" decisions. That's how an open government should work anyway. Last I looked, our taxes are still paying his salary and I believe that makes him accountable to us.

...All that being said, the Downing Street Minutes is not about the war itself, it's about honesty. Honesty, as in telling the truth, as any self-professed God fearing hearing Christian should want to do. Show us the Pennsylvania Ave Crawford Ranch Minutes. I would think those that support the President on this issue would want that as well. So ask him to prove he didn't lie, if only to prove the 500,094 Americans (and the million more that either didn't know or were afraid to sign) wrong.

It doesn't seem too much to ask.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger afb said...

I loved your response so much I added you in my DSM blogs for the day!

Don't worry about the Big Brass Alliance blog it's up and working thats how I made it here! :)

11:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement and the link Marie.

5:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home