Thursday, October 20, 2011

Giddy as a school girl

When I first started blogging, back in the stone age of the medium, I used to obsessively check my referrals about every hour or so. I followed every single one to see where it came from. I was awestruck by the realization that complete strangers were reading me. Of course, I only had one blog and more time then.

These days, I rarely check but last night I took a peek and discovered to my everlasting joy, Charles P. Pierce put us on his blogroll. I'm not one to boast about such things, but I was so flushed with excitement, I immediately posted it on Facebook. I mean, our little obscure blog, listed up there with a bunch of big, important bloggers. On Charles P. Pierce's blog. At Esquire. Just wow.

Hoping it's because he likes my odd style, but thinking he may have added us because he appreciates Fogg's eloquence as much as I do. But for whatever reason, it was nice to feel that old thrill again, so if you're really reading us Mr. Pierce. Thanks. Appreciate the encouragement.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

To be fair, he also links to
Roger Ailes, although when you click on that link, you get a "blog not found" message.

Congratulations anyway!

9:35:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That's the "good" Roger Ailes, not the Fox guy.

11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Also, this is BFD for both of us. Pretty convinced he linked us for your posts more than mine.

11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Well, I don't think so - he didn't link to Human Voices, after all. But very cool, none the less.

4:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home