Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Tea with the Queen of England

Last time I read this Harnden guy, he was obsessing about my friend Loretta Nall's boobs. Today he's all atwitter over the hostess gift the Obamas gave the Queen. ZOMG, they gave Her Majesty an iPod loaded with video footage and photographs of her 2007 United States. Oh and btw, a rare signed songbook by Richard Rodgers, of Rodgers and Hammerstein.

Wingnuts jumping all over this one. ZOMG, but, but... she already has an iPod she got four years ago. I don't know anything about iPods but I didn't know you could view photos on them, so I'm suspecting it's probably a pretty nice one. And I'm not sure they want to make too big a deal of this when all the queen gave the Obamas was a photograph -- of herself.

Besides, I suspect Her Majesty probably doesn't care what she got and likely was glad that at least they didn't arrive by helicopter and ruin her garden like the last president did. And anybody remember what Bush boy gave her? I have a vague recollection it was something she could really use -- like cowboy boots. You would think at least the NYT might have mentioned that instead of buying into the ZOMG idiocy.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home