Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Meet the new MTP moderator

Oh well. I never really expected they would give Rachel Maddow the job...
NBC News plans to name David Gregory as moderator of “Meet the Press,” infusing one of television’s most prized franchises with a sharp edge leavened by a youthful style and versatility, according to network executives.
To tell you the truth, I rarely watch any of the talking head pundidiotry programs. All of them annoy me, even Olbermann whom I prefer to read rather than watch, so I barely recall who David Gregory is, but this tells me all I need to know:
“He has circled the globe, traveling with President Bush on every major foreign trip and to nearly every state in the nation during the presidential campaigns of 2000 and 2004. … On the campaign trail in 2004, Gregory was the most heavily utilized network correspondent on television, according to the Tyndall Report. … During the historic 2000 campaign, Gregory also led the network’s election night coverage from Austin, Texas and stayed on to chronicle the legal standoff during the recount. … Since joining NBC News in 1995, Gregory has covered nearly every major story for the network: from the O.J. Simpson trials, to the trial of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, to the impeachment of President Clinton, and the death of Pope John Paul II in Rome.
In other words, just another Village stenographer with a prettier face and nicer hair than Russert. No thanks. On the bright side, I won't ever have to watch it live as long as CoT is willing to entertain us with his translations over at the Eschaton Sunday morning coffee klatch.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"I barely recall who Dick Gregory is,"

I do, I've met him in fact, but weren't you talking about David Gregory?

9:42:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. They're all Dicks to me, but you're right. It was a long day and I got the wrong Gregory.

10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home