Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Supertrain to the rescue

Matt makes a good point. Supertrains could save the economy. Now that the multi-billion dollar bailouts have made us accustomed to thinking in large numbers, investing a few billion in Supertrains doesn't sound so intimidating anymore. And it does make more sense to invest in future infrastructure than failing industries when the outcome would still benefit those areas of the country that need the most help.

He's sold me anyway.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I was sold the first time I took the TGV from Paris to Geneva. In many cases it's faster than flying when you add in airport delays. Train stations are usually right in town.

I love it most because it's the only commercial transport other than upscale cruise liners that lets you take your dignity along with you when you go someplace.

I'm sick of officious, sarcastic dimwits who poke, prod and insult people, I'm sick of dragging luggage for miles and shuttling between terminals in bad weather. We had better transportation 75 years ago.

9:27:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I've always loved the train, even now when it's inefficient and takes longer. A supertrain would be truly awesome I think.

9:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home