Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bush plastered in Peru

The attendees at the Asia-Pacific summit celebrated their comity with a round of Peru's traditional drink, Pisco sours, a drink containing a hefty 2 ounces of pisco brandy. As you can see in the photo, our allegedly sober, comic commanderer quaffed the cocktail right along with the rest of the merrymakers.


The media, ever the enabler, suggests that perhaps he didn't drink it or maybe received a Shirley Temple version. I'd say this photo should put that to rest. They all look snookered.


Think I'm reading too much into it? Let's review those Olympic photos shall we? Does this man look sober to you?




The sobering thought really is to consider we still have two months to endure of this presidency and the man isn't even bothering to hide that he's sailing three sheets to the wind half of the time.

[h/t watertiger who has the recipe for Pisco sours.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a link to any reputable news source, or are you just relying on that other blog which states "Engaging in wild speculation daily" in the title.

4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

After putting up with almost two years of "terrorist fist bumps" stories of fake birth certificates, Madrassas, secret links with Hamas, plans for an Islamic takeover, articles about him appointing Al Sharpton as Secretary of State, idiot rages over flag pins, hand over heart salutes, support of anti-Government terrorism, and being financially supported by Pakistan, isn't it a bit precious to take offense at a small bit of tongue in cheek ribbing of the Man who, after all, destroyed a country on a fake hunch and ruined the world's economy? I mean, I'm just sayin'

It sure as hell looks like he's half pissed on Pisco, but all of us would easily forgive him getting buzzed if he didn't have so much blood on his hands. I would say he deserved the truth, but for the fact that for eight years he and his henchmen have treated us as though we couldn't handle the truth.

5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Um anon, see that little bit of language in color at the top of the post. That's called a link. If you click it, it goes to an AFP story, that I paraphrased. I believe that counts as a news source. As for whether he's drinking, the pics speak for themselves. I know a drunk when I see one.

Hey Fogg, well said as always. Even if I was kidding, to quote Cheney, so what?

5:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Capt. Fogg, nice work. I mean really.

Hi Libby. I like this place.

9:05:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Larkspur. Fogg is amazing isn't he? Thanks so much for stopping by.

9:31:00 PM  
Blogger rockync said...

As usual, Fogg just gets right to the heart of the matter! nice little rant there, Fogg. Funny how perspective changes when the shoe is on the other foot. I think we all have a right to speculate on the condition of our president; he's sitting in our White house on our dime.
Having worked for years in a substance abuse rehab, I started wondering about his sobriety about two and half years ago.
BTW - when I have something to say, either here or on more conservative blogs, I always have the manners to leave my name.
Were you raised by slugs, Anon?

11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I've also suspected he fell off the wagon a long time ago. He's been photographed drinking at these summits.

5:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home