Saturday, July 19, 2008

Al Gore drops in on Netroots Nation

By Libby

The yearly Kos convention, now renamed Netroots Nation, appears to have been a blazing success. Word has it about 2,000 showed up for the event and judging by the scattered reports I've seen, a good time is being had by all. Al Gore surprised the convo with an appearance this morning. TP live-blogged his speech and it's probably a little late for this link but the convention website has been streaming live video from the panels.

A lot of major media have also showed up, including Katharine Seelye from NYT's blog The Caucus who posts on what has been fondly called "The F*uck Panel" in certain circles of Blogtopia. She has quotes from a few bloggers you might recognize opining on blogger civility and the dreaded "F" word.

I'm not much for these giant events anymore myself, but in reading the coverage, I almost wish I had gone.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger PghPa said...

Hi Libby,

I attended the Netroots event this year and it was a blast. A wide variety a topics were covered by interesting and credible speakers and panels. Next years will be held in my home city - Pittsburgh,PA. You are more than welcome to attend.
I went last year not certain what to expect. I was impressed with how well they run these events and the truly interesting people I've met.

Roche (PghPa)

5:06:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Roche. Big events make me a little nervous. Residual claustrophia I guess, but you're in Pittsburgh, you should get in touch with my guy Fester at Newshoggers. I think there's a drinking liberally thing there that he goes to. I bet you two would have a lot to talk about

5:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home