Monday, June 30, 2008

Fun with autocorrect

By Libby

Not spending much time reading the fringewing sites myself, I had no idea that they routinely rewrite AP wire stories to reflect their own silly little slurs. For instance, they change the words Democratic party to Democrat party as a matter of course. I suppose it's harmless enough but I've always found it irritating.

Thus, I can't deny that I'm taking delight in this little item. It appears that one site also routinely changes the word gay to homosexual. Unfortunately for them, autocorrect doesn't take context into consideration and so we are treated to this headline.
“Homosexual eases into 100 final at Olympic trials.”
The athlete in question is named Tyson Gay so you can imagine how the rest of the article reads, but click on the link to see the text in all its hilarity. I'm betting it was their most read article of the day before they corrected it.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I hope they get a nice, big bill from AP. This is not exactly fair use, is it?

I can't wait for their retrospective on the Gay 90's in Gay Paree. . .

3:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priceless...

5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg.

It's good, isn't it Brian?

6:11:00 PM  
Blogger rockync said...

BAWAWAHAHAHA!!! My laugh for the day! Good one!

7:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home