Saturday, June 28, 2008

Media Bytes - Amused to Death Edition

By Libby

Song in my head. The video is a little weird but I took it anyway because the sound track is good and the song goes with the picture of the day.


What do you suppose Cindy Lou is thinking here at her photo op at a garbage dump in Cambodia? I'm hearing, "Smile you little urchin but don't, under any circumstance, touch me."

Meanwhile, I've been schluffing off all day. I have a couple of new posts at Newshoggers but otherwise I can't believe the whole day slipped by without my noticing. I've been collecting links so I'll be pounding out a few more posts before I quit for the day but to hold you for the moment, a few quick links.

For the long read, this fluffer of a profile piece on Cindy was sort of interesting, mainly in how casually they presented her shady past as somehow normal and almost noble. Just your typical, long suffering political wife, you know. And I didn't know her middle name was Lou. It fits. She does remind me a bit of the Dr. Seuss character.

The definite video on her hubby is strange you can believe in, via Avedon who as always has a bunch more stuff worth reading.

The Mr. McStrange photo of the day is surely this early bird special.

I wasn't so much in the mood for politics today though, so I spent some time looking at gardens. This invite only gallery has some fabulous shots, but I liked this one and this landscape gallery too.

But the best is Echidne's story about these bleeding hearts. They've been one of my favorite flowers since I was a kid.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger QueersOnTheRise said...

Frankly, she looks like a bitch, and would NOT make a good fag hag!

7:35:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

No, she wouldn't make a good fag hag at all. On the other hand, I'm a lifelong fag hag in good standing.

9:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home