Saturday, March 15, 2008

Media Bytes - Dig Lazarus Dig edition

By Libby

Song in my head from the new Nick Cave album. I really like this one but I liked some of his old stuff better. But I usually like old stuff better in general so I'm no judge. Give it a listen. I hear it's brand new.

I forgot where I picked this up but musicians for net neutrality got to testify at a Congressional hearing. Glad to see that movement making some headway.

Meanwhile, my friend and relentless drug policy reformer, Dean Becker, was featured as part of a CBS Houston news segment on prison reform in Texas. Good positive piece and Dean did a great job.

On the other hand, the McCain Briefing Book is a less than positive review of the candidate. Pass it on.

I'm loving me some Crinch Pin, where they're finding the evidence on the impending police state everywhere.

And Agitprop takes a break from tracking the sex scandals to remind us that the Blogs Against the Theocracy swarm is right around the corner.

While you're waiting you can watch what might be the most boring webcam in the universe. I would have thought the live NASA channel from the space station would be fabulous and it could be except they were running a nonstop interview with three astronauts. I kept waiting for them to cut to some action footage, a view of the earth, anything, but all it was a ongoing series of reporters, all asking the same questions. I mean, I love space but I didn't last ten minutes. Too bad.

Moving on to more interesting links, I went over to Tits' place for the flowers and ended up staying to celebrate Pi Day. Don't miss the video and check out the delightful links. My favorite was presidential dreams. I actually had a dream about Obama myself a few days ago that I remember rather vividly.

This is also weird. What are these things? I would have guessed marbles without the clue.

And finally, if you're wondering why I don't post more, it's because even after all these years of writing, I still only type 47 words a minute -- with typos. I just can't seem to master touch typing. [via]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I had never heard of Nick Cave until I heard "Into My Arms" on Pandora, a few months ago. I went crazy for that one. It's now on my ITunes.

10:18:00 PM  
Blogger lester said...

have you seen google sky? it's pretty good

4:55:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Kathy, I got into Cave because of my second husband. He was really fond of him around the Bad Seeds period. He's done some great stuff.

Lester I liked the google sky too.

7:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home