Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Excess hoggage

By Libby

I didn't post much yesterday because I spent the better part of the day running from doctor to panicked doctor until I finally got to see a surgeon, who kindly waited for me even though I got stuck in a traffic jam and arrived 20 minutes after the office closed. It strikes me that the problem with our medical system these days, is it's a lot like the airline system.

Used to be you could fly direct just about anywhere but with these hub schemes you spend more time in airports than you do flying and you spend more time seeing doctors that can't help you than you do receiving good advice. What a racquet for the insurance companies. They set this up so they can make money processing forms and meanwhile the patient is exhausted by the traveling. But enough complaining.

I have been posting a lot around Blogtopia and I haven't put up links a couple of days so here's what I did this morning at Newshoggers.

Tom Friedman says the White House has run out of Friedman units and it's time to set a deadline.

Spain has leaked transcripts of a conversation with Bush from before the invasion in which he admits he was lying to get us embroiled in the mess in Mesopotamia.

And our country is being run by fools. The House passed an amendment on Iran that is just suicidal. I'm done with these idiots. I'm not going to support the Democratic party if they're too stupid to see through the White House propaganda. The only good news is the Senate may stand up on this, but I'm not holding my breath.

If you missed my previous posts, there was:

The blurring of church and state. It makes a good case for eliminating earmarks and further investigations into the politicalization of every blessed agency in our government.

This one has to be read to be believed. Neo-cons loving the hate. The man who has the ear of our president and now Guiliani thinks anti-Americanism is a good thing.

I try to ignore Insty these days, but this post was so irresponsible and cowardly, it begged for commentary.

And I suppose you heard this, but I'm sad that Marcel Marceau died. I've never hated mimes. Just bad ones.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what did you need to see the doctor for. weirdness?

10:14:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Lester. If that was terminal I would have been dead long ago. I'll do a post about at Last One Speaks. That's where I spill all my personal life for my friends and family. They don't read my poli-blogs much.

10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home