Monday, February 05, 2007

Cheney in charge?

Digby's post on Cheney is the must read of the day (including the links). I don't have a lot of time today to get into it, but Digby says all that's worth saying anyway. This I think is the key quote.
Larry Wilkerson called it a "cabal" around Dick Cheney. But it seems to have been more than that. They created a shadow government and developed a constitutional theory to support it.
I've been thinking this for a long time and if the Detroit News had a better search function, I'd dig out my two year old posts speculating about Cheney's shadow cabinet. But since I'm working and Digby summed up my thoughts so well, l'll just leave you with his last words.
It's something out of a political thriller, I know, and it's hard to wrap your arms around. But there is a part of me that wonders if it wasn't a plan. It never seemed likely to me that the big money boys of the GOP would trust their fortunes to the blithering fool they set forth as president. Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if some conversations before the fact took place.

Kurtz also wonders how, if this is true, Cheney deals with the supremely arrogant decider. It's not hard for me to imagine at all. Arrogant morons are very easy to manipulate. You just tell them what to think and then tell them they thought of it.
If you review the events of the last six years within this context, it feels like a pretty darn credible theory to me.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

I always believed it was an inside joke to elevate Dim Son to the office of the presidency. The moron has proved time and again that he's a pathetic empty shell, incapable of any sort of leadership, let alone being a man. Like his photo op at Booker elementary, he's been told to sit quietly and shut up while the string pullers do their thing. Possibly, maybe one time he could have tried to assert himself and someone punched his lights out, and we were told it was a pretzel.

12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I've always wondered about that myself. It's not like the insiders wouldn't have known what a loser he really is. Everybody knows he would have been begging for dimes on a street corner if not for the family money and his Daddy's help.

6:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my sense about bush is that he is the type of guy who never loses a game of chicken. whether it's the iraq war or like that scene from footloose. Cheney is more cerebral, but takes some of that from bush I htink. look at the ridiculous things he says

6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Cheney has no finesse Lester. That's why he hides all the time. But he's clever. Going back to my LOTR references. If Bush is Saruman, Cheney is Sauron. He's the heart of evil but he hides behind surrogates.

7:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home