Friday, February 02, 2007

We don't need no absolution...

I wasn't going to post about this again but now Dan of Protein Wisdom really pissed me off in the comments on this post. He says:
You're forgiven. It's not as though the evidence is germane, is it Mr. Nifong?

To which I reply:
I'm not asking for absolution Dan. I think this whole unseemly incident is juvenile, petty and ill-mannered. As I watch the latest developments, I find it absurd that your little cabal is making a federal case out of her off the cuff post. So she wrong about the rape victim. So what?

Like any of you give a flying leap about Edwards' candidacy or are potential voters for him? Why should he care what you think? The whole lot of you are behaving like schoolyard bullies. There's no point to this huge faux outrage except to harass Amanda. I think it's incredibly tacky and downright unAmerican to try to get someone fired because you disagree with their politics.
If you want to forgive me for something Dan, let it be because I think you're all behaving like a gang of adolescent thugs. Somehow I don't think your mamas would be proud.

Update: Jebus, this is really too silly. This guy is calling me a stalker after he picked up my comment within minutes and put up a whole new post mocking me for pointing out they have incredibly bad manners. As I just said on my other blog, it's odd to find myself defending a blogger I rarely read and often disagree with, but this is about conduct, not content. It's this sort of incivility and intolerance for opposing views that has ruined the political discourse in this country.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's this sort of incivility and intolerance for opposing views that has ruined the political discourse in this country."

So you are telling us to shut up because we are intolerant of opposing views! Oh, now I get it.

B Moe

1:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's this sort of incivility and intolerance for opposing views that has ruined the political discourse in this country."

So you are telling us to shut up because we are intolerant of opposing views?

B Moe

1:16:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Not at all Moe, I'm telling you to grow up and use the manners your mother taught you.

For the record, and I'm on the record with this, I thought the "victim" was lying from the get go in this case and I fully support your right to challenge her views. But if you really wanted to debate Amanda's feminist stance, it would have been more appropriate to do so on a thread on which she voiced them.

What you guys did was swarm in to make her look bad on her first day of a new job. Would you show up in person at somebody's first day of work and pass out memoes to their boss and fellow employees about their past remarks? How would like it if someone showed up to your workplace with printouts of some stupid thing you said on the internets?

You guys can try to paint it as some noble concern for Edwards' welfare all you want, but it doesn't really disguise the petty meaness that underlied the tactics. It smacks of the resident tattletale in grammar school that goes running to the teacher to squeal on the cool kid for chewing gum in class.

1:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home