Monday, April 01, 2013

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

All the cool kidz and other important journos are having a little snarkfest over Obama's poor showing on the basketball court this morning. Seems clear to me these people either have never hung around with children or else are the kind of cutthroat competitors who would stop at nothing to beat a youngster at a game. I look at this video and see a man who isn't trying to win. Seriously, look at Obama's form on these shots. Especially his hands.



Not saying he didn't legitmately miss a couple of those, but does it really look like he was focused on sinking most of those shots? It doesn't to me. Of course, I cheat to lose whenever I play a game with kids myself, at least until they get good enough to really beat me. You have to be subtle so they don't know you're doing it.

Maybe that's coloring my interpretation, but I've seen Obama shoot baskets before with adults. He's a much better player than he was in this little event. But can you imagine what the media would have done if he had sunk every shot and overpowered the kids shooting against him? It would been a right wing freakout complete with a Drudge siren along the lines of: Arrogant Obummer mean to kids, usurps their fun time to show off. Who needs that?

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger merlallen said...

He really can't win with them no matter what he does.

5:18:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Neither with the wingers or the media. They both hate him for different reasons.

8:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home