Thursday, April 25, 2013

Life's little mysteries

Apparently I have a Sulia page which I only discovered because someone I don't follow and who doesn't follow me posted it to the twitter. The page that comes up at the link looks like Facebook. Not sure how that happened. I'm certain I didn't sign up for it myself. I still haven't figured out what the point is with Sulia and I can't keep up with the social nets I'm already active on. I haven't even joined Tumblr or Pinterest, which I'm told is mandatory these days.

Not complaining. Often stumble across various sites that post my work. They don't steal it outright, just a blurb and a link. Rarely seems to generate much traffic but always happy to see my message get wider exposure. But still, I am truly mystified.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcellina said...

This made me go right to Sulia and see if there's anything on me (which there isn't as far as I can tell).

Tried Tumblr, lost interest. I am clearly of my generation, which blogs and uses Twitter and Facebook.

I am also somehow to be found on a few sights that do the blurb-and-link. Don't see any danger in it. Only once: when I deleted my blogspot blog, it was "resurrected" and filled with old content of mine. I complained and altho the site still exists, neither my name, nym nor any of my content is posted (I keep tabs on them by feed reader.)

8:23:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't even know how to use a feed reader. Meanwhile, Tumblr seems somewhat complicated to me in the social interaction aspect. Same with Pinterest. Basically they look like pared down photo blogs to me. And I see the users get all upset about changes in the platform and think, hell, I have facebook for that kind of irritation already. Don't really need more of that.

9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home