Monday, March 04, 2013

John Boehner: Dunce or deceiver?

Credit where's it due. Dancing Dave called out Boehner on his show this past Sunday.
NBC's David Gregory and House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) butted heads during an interview when the speaker insisted that President Obama did not have a plan to replace sequestration and Gregory disagreed. ...

"Mr. Speaker, that's just not true," Gregory said. "They've made it very clear, as the president just did, that he has a plan that he's put forward that involves entitlement cuts, that involves spending cuts. That you've made a choice, as have Republicans, to leave tax loopholes in place and you'd rather have those and live with all these arbitrary cuts."
Boehner's response to being confronted with unequivocal truth?
"Well David, that's just nonsense. If they had a plan, why wouldn't Senate Democrats go ahead and pass it," he said.
Rinse and repeat. Of course the obvious answer to that is, um... GOP filibuster. Republicans blocked the up or down vote. It's clear Dems had the votes to pass it on a simple majority. As far as I can tell, Dave didn't push that point.

If you want more, (from whence I stole the title), Steve Benen does the full fisk of the segment. Me, I vote for deceiver. Nobody is that stupid. Not even Boehner

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Well, I vote for lyin' sack-O-shit, but you've got more couth than I do.

3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You do so have a knack for the turn of the phrase my dear Fogg.

3:39:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I think that it is a little disingenuous and pure politics. I would like to think that the average viewer, regardless of party, would be able to tell the difference between not passing a plan and not having a plan.

And then ask themselves why the plan didn't pass.

I would like to think that...

3:55:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I would like to believe that too Joe. But then again, I also want unicorns to be real.

6:41:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This one time? One Halloween? I ate too much candy corn? And I made an orange poo... ;)

12:43:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Unicorns AREN'T real!!??! :)

2:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home