Thursday, November 08, 2012

The hippies punched back

[Clay Bennett cartoon]

I was so exhausted yesterday from staying up almost night, had a post ready to go and forgot to publish it. Yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night so sick it was hours before I could go back to bed. Apparently my dinner did not agree with me and I've been queasy all day. But just as well, I suppose. Having lost at politics so many times in my life, I don't like to gloat when we win and it's taken me this long to stop busting out into the happy dance every five minutes.

Tuesday was a big night for liberals and progressive politics. Some discouraging losses of course, but so many heartening wins. Ta-neihisi runs down the big ones and that's not even all of them.

Still processing what it all means, but for now, all I know for sure is I seriously have never been more proud of my fellow Americans than I am right now.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home