Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am thankful - Updated

I am really thankful I'm not trying to get out of Manhattan tonight. This is the crowd outside of Penn Station.

[photo via The Matthew Keys]

This is what it looks like inside the station.

[photo via Hudsonette]

And this is what's happening.
WPIX: Nightmare before Thanksgiving: Penn Station shut down as signal problems cripple LIRR, NJ Transit, Amtrak (Story).
My sympathy to the thousands who are living through it.

Meanwhile: Grand Central Station is relative empty.

[photo via A Great Big City]

Always loved that train station. And as a child, loved the automat that was across the street from it.

Update: Gothamist tells me some service now restored but it's still going to be a long wait. Great photo of the scene on the street at the link.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home