Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Mormon rapid response team

In all the years I've been blogging at Detroit News, I posted about Mormons for the first time just this weekend. Since then I've been deluged with emails from Mormons. Really long emails. With multiple links. They're apparently very sensitive about how their charitable contributions are calculated.

I read all the way through every one of them because, I know nothing about Mormons. Never even met one in real life. They tell me they are not an organized group. They don't speak on behalf of the church. Yet their emails are nearly identical. Except for this one stray phrase which caught my interest:
There is a book out on the Mormon way of doing business. We are trained from a young age to learn skills that can be transferred to the business world.
I want to read this book. I wonder if I can buy it without joining.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger merlallen said...

I used to work with a young Mormon man. Not much of one I guess since he had a shotgun wedding. He was a pretty decent guy, with pretty much right wing views but I doubt he even voted.

3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

They seem like very nice people. Very polite. But the similarity in their emails was a little spooky.

4:05:00 PM  
Blogger merlallen said...

I think they probably have form letters. Like I said, the guy I knew wasn't much of a Mormon.
But they are very nice people real polite and respectful. I actually like them. Except when they knock on my door I tell them to get lost.

4:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home