Sunday, June 03, 2012

The Diamond Jubilee

Blogging has been light because I've been struggling with this back problem for a week now. I'm such a wimp when it come to pain, it's hard to focus. Adding to the turmoil, my stepbrother died suddenly a couple of days ago. So not my best week. Still, we do what we can. Ran across this on the twitter. I know lots of people are down on the monarchy, but I love the jutxaposition in these photos.



Weird, I never think of the Queen as ever having been a young woman. But she was rather hot in her day, don't you think? [via]

Addendum: The thing I like best about the monarchy is the hats. Lots of royal hats.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger opit said...

Herself was a noted speed demon who could indulge that with impunity - not to mention being known as a fair hand with a wrench.
I recall the whimsy of royals coining words included the deceptive 'antidisestablishmentarianism'
That's from him not her. She said British parliament was 'too combative'.

3:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home