Monday, January 30, 2012

Let the chips fall where they may

I'm slow to add follows on the twitter but I did add a few big media tweeps in the last couple of weeks. Really enjoying AP's photojournalist Charles Dharapak. He's got a fine eye for framing and often captures iconic moments.

[original photo]

Not his most compelling capture but a couple of things struck me when I saw it. One, Willard looks less lifelike and more like a Disney animatron as the campaign goes on. Also, it reminded me how many photos I've seen of campaign jets over the years. They're invariably practically empty. Makes me wonder why they charter such large planes. Considering how much it costs to fly those puppies, seems to be incredibly wasteful, financially and ecologically.

On a related note, also recently started following David Firestone who is on the editorial board at NYT. He posted a Romney photo last week and though it does cry out for a caption contest, I found it too gross to post it here. Click if you dare.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger merlallen said...

Well, you did warn me.

8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

So I did. Now you see why I couldn't bring myself to post it.

11:22:00 AM  
Blogger merlallen said...

I had a neighbor invite me over to eat roasted pigs face once. that's what that was, right?

6:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home