Sunday, August 21, 2011

From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli

Even though they're not there, the Marine's Battle Hymn has been lodged in my ear since last night when I heard the revolution is reaching Gadhafi's doorstep. It's a bit confusing at this point of course. The twitter is telling me that right now the CNN bureau international journalists* in their local hotel are scrambling for safety as heavy gunfire surrounds them. But Juan Cole has some details posted now and he's been a reliable reporter on all things Middle East forever. Also, my pals at
Newshoggers collected lots of links to breaking news sources
. And let me add my friend Ken Bazinet who's been current on new developments since this started.

For myself, I don't really have anything to say about this at the moment. It's hard to imagine deposing Gadhafi would be bad for the country, but one never knows if his replacement will be any better. Still rather amazing to watch it all unfold.

*: Follow Matthew Chance of CNN for those updates.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home